Media items feature articles which appear in the print or online media, and which contain reference to, or input from groundWork, or simply cover an exceptionally important issue which is also the topic of groundWork focus.
For all media enquiries please contact Tsepang Molefe by phone on +27 33 342 5662 or +27 64 900 9963, or WhatsApp (+27 64 900 9963), or click here to send an e-mail. Click here to access our News and Press Release ARCHIVES menu at the page bottom.
- 'Black Wednesday' for big oil as courtrooms and boardrooms turn on industry - The Guardian (online), 29 May 2021.
- uMsunduzi Municipality Blames Budget, Procurement Policies for Landfill Issues - EWN (online), 28 May 2021
- Court orders Royal Dutch Shell to cut carbon emissions by 45% by 2030 - The Guardian (online), 26 May 2021.
- Judge to rule after South Afirca sued over Sasol, Eskom pollution - Engineering News (online), 20 May 2021.
- Toxic environment: Heavy industry and Eskom power imperatives 'cannot trump people's rights to healthy air', court hears - Daily Maverick (online), 17 May 2021.
- 'Deadly air' case truly a matter of life or death - Cape Times, Mercury, and Pretoria News, 13 May 20121.
- Karpowership consortium: In affidavit, losing bidder claims 'blatant corruption', fingers Mantashe 'associate' - Business Maverick (online), 29 April 2021.
- Public ire over Karpowership contract can't be dismissed — MPs - Mail & Guardian (online), 20 April 2021.
- Coal industry under increasing pressure to focus on a just transition - Mail & Guardian (online), 26 March 2021.
- South Africa: Court Orders Coal Miner Uthaka Energy to Stop Development at Strategic Water Source Area - Green Building Africa (online), 24 March 2021.
- Civil society outraged at increased police brutality - IOL (online), 16 March 2021.
- Floating gas 'powerships' plan gets another free pass from South African government - Daily Maverick/Our Burning Planet (online), 14 March 2021.
- Waste Pickers' struggle for Recognition - Cape Times, Mercury, and Pretoria News, 02 March 2021.
- SAHRC recommends Emfuleni municipality be placed under administration amid ongoing Vaal river pollution - Creamer Media's Engineering News (online), 18 February 2021.
- Pietermaritzburg landfill crisis now a matter before the High Court - the Cape Times, Mercury, and Pretoria News, 15 February 2021.
- 'We're fighting to breathe clean air' - M&G (online), 13 February 2021.
- Durban activist Bobby Peek plans to fight for poor on Ramaphosa's new climate commission - IOL (online), 02 February 2021
- Eskom, Sasol rebuffed, Creecy says as she fights pollution suit - Creamer Media's Engineering News (online), 02 February 2021.
- Still No COVID-19 Relief for Waste Pickers - the Cape Times, and the Mercury, 01 February 2021.
- Air Pollution Weakens Covid-19 Resistance - the Cape Times, Mercury, and Pretoria News, 19 January 2021.
To browse through our IN THE MEDIA items back to 2017 please select a year below.